Friday, August 13, 2010

First few excursions of the Summer

Carson and I tried to live it up these past few months before school started and since I won't have time to travel once school starts. The first of our travels was to San Diego to visit Carson's family.

(This is a long long post, so feel free to scroll through and just look at the pictures!)


This is a puzzle we started at Christmas and finished Memorial Day. Thanks Linda for
keeping your promise!




One of our favorite restaurants, Juanita's



My man, the lumber jack!

After a busy semester of working and finishing up pre-reqs to enter nursing school, we decided to celebrate the end of the semester by going to a giants game. All of these wonderful girls are applying or have applied to nursing school! It's been so fun to study with these amazing girls who will be even more amazing nurses!


Some of my favorite people to study with...without these wonderful gals, I wouldn't have gotten into the nursing program!! Thanks guys!


Everyone that came to the game!

Carson and I were given tickets to the California Academy of Sciences, which was amazing!! I have wanted to go ever since it opened September 27th, 2007. We made a day of it, and went out to a nice breakfast at Joanie's, just down the street from our apartment (remind me post about our apartment!), then headed up to the academy and the Japanese tea garden.


The roof! It was a bit bright after the planetarium


We were there during the extreme mammal exhibit. What can I say--it was pretty extreme!!



We found Jaques!!


One of my favorite places within the academy was the rain forest! We thought that we were fortunate to spot these little red guys, then we realized they didn't move...


The butterflies were everywhere and landed on us! There were mirrors at the exits to check yourselves before you left the rain forest. This little guy that Carson is holding was quite fond of us. He managed to land on my bag, Carson's head, hand and my back!


Also, lots of birds throughout the rain forest. Apparently, they started with just 2 birds of every species and the rest is history!


Some of the other animals...


Loved the whole California Academy of Sciences and highly recommend it!!

After the CAS, we headed to the Japanese Tea Garden. We didn't have any tea, but the gardens were beautiful and we enjoyed walking around outside although it was a bit chilly.


I wish I could remember the facts about the bridge and pagoda, but it's been too long since we were actually there.


To learn more about the Japanese Tea Garden, click here.


Here are a few pictures from a quick weekend trip to San Luis Obispo with Stephanie and Laura.


Here are our matching glasses we purchased. There were only 3, so Steph opted for another pair.


Tyler also joined us at the beach. We hiked, layed out and had a great time!! Thanks Casey!! (We had a wonderful weekend, yet we missed you Brooke!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment